Thursday, February 18, 2021

Suisse Mocha


I used to love Suisse Mocha and it was a regular afternoon treat for me when my kids were little and napping. I haven't bought it in years - I'm not even sure they make it anymore. But it's snowing again today, and it suddenly popped into my mind how good a cup of Suisse Mocha would be on a cold, snowy day. So I created something with ingredients I had on hand (using no sugar, keeping it low-carb) and it tastes how I remember it. I'm not sure if my memory is skewed or not, but I really like what I came up with. It's very similar to my Keto Mocha that I posted about a couple weeks ago, but it uses more cream and has a more mellow flavor. I also used Swerve rather than liquid Stevia, which I think works better. 

2/3 cup prepared coffee (I still had some leftover in the coffeepot from this morning)

1/3 cup heavy cream

1 tsp cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)

1 TBSP Swerve powdered sweetener*

2 dashes vanilla extract

  1. Place coffee, cream, and cocoa powder in a large mug and whisk until blended. Heat in microwave for 60-90 seconds, until hot. (Or, combine in a small saucepan and heat on stovetop.)
  2. Whisk in vanilla and sweetener. Enjoy!
*This is my favorite low-carb sweetener. The powdered kind dissolves easier than the granulated kind. Use whatever sweetener is your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment