Monday, February 1, 2021

A Winter Storm

My word, the last post I wrote was about being distracted, and then I went and forgot all about my blog for a few days.


The view from my front door, two hours after shoveling my walkway.

Today, we are in the middle of a beautiful winter storm. The snow is falling in huge flakes, which builds up fast. Everything is bright and white and quiet. It started yesterday, and I shoveled a couple of times to try to keep ahead of it. Then I woke up to a seamless white blanket covering our entire yard and street this morning. The snow had stopped even though the weather channel was saying it was still snowing. I went out to shovel again and some of my neighbors had the same idea. We've been so isolated with winter and COVID invading everyone's lives, and I was excited just to see them out and being able to wave and yell hello. 

The only sounds I could hear were shovels scraping throughout our neighborhood. I actually enjoy shoveling. I find it peaceful and satisfying, and love that it's a full-body workout. It took me about an hour to shovel our huge driveway. Toward the end, one of my neighbors came over and said, "I'm going to help you finish!" We kept our 6-feet distance, but worked together on my driveway and had good conversation. We talked about how we both enjoy shoveling snow, we talked about our kids, we talked about work, and of course, we talked about COVID. It was so nice to spend that time with her. I have really missed seeing friends. I've missed in-person conversation and human contact. I am very thankful I have my husband and grown kids and grandkids, whom we continue to see, but I miss being outside of our tiny little bubble. 




When I came inside, I warmed up with a little keto mocha treat. Then the snow started falling again. About two hours after all that shoveling, my driveway and walk way to the front door was completely covered with snow again. I guess I'll get another workout in later!

Here's how I threw my keto mocha together. I loved it.


Keto Mocha

1 cup coffee

1 tsp cocoa powder

2 TBSP heavy cream 

1-2 dashes Better Stevia (liquid)

1 dash vanilla extract


Heat coffee and heavy cream in the microwave or stovetop. Then place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment