Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Instant Pot Beef Stew


I love my Instant Pot and can't believe how easy it is to use. My daughter gave it to me for my birthday in 2019 and I neglected it for over a year, thinking it would be complicated and dangerous! Finally, she came over and gave me some "Instant Pot lessons." I've been using it several times a week ever since. 

Andy and I went out for a walk today through the neighborhood. Everything is still covered in snow, but the streets, driveways, and sidewalks have all been cleared. It was very peaceful and also very cold! Before we left, I made beef stew in my Instant Pot and it kept warm while we were out. Normally I do my beef stew in the oven and it has to cook for about 3 hours to get the meat tender enough. Now I can do it in my Instant Pot in less than an hour. 

You can't beat a steaming bowl of hearty beef stew after coming inside from the cold! 

Ingredients

2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces

1 cup cut-up frozen green beans

1 cup sliced frozen carrots

2 celery stalks, diced

1 yellow onion, diced

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 small potatoes, diced

4 large white mushrooms, roughly chopped

1 cup dry red wine (I used merlot)

1 ¼ cups beef bone broth

1 small can (6 ounces) tomato paste

2 TBSP dried parsley

¼ tsp dried rosemary leaves

½ tsp dried thyme leaves

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper


Directions

  1. Place beef and vegetables in Instant Pot.

  2. In a small bowl, whisk together wine, broth, tomato paste, and spices. Pour over beef and vegetables and stir to mix.

  3. Close and set manually for 35 minutes. Allow to release naturally for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment