Saturday, August 7, 2021

Fish Tacos


I've posted about making fish tacos before, but that was because I wanted to share how I make cilantro-lime coleslaw, which tastes great on fish tacos. But tonight, I want to post my recipe for the fish in fish tacos. It's not really a recipe I guess, but just how I make them. You can be really flexible.


Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs. mild tasting fish 
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted and divided
  • Coarse Kosher salt
  • Coarse-ground black pepper
  • Old Bay or Cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 lime


You can use any kind of mild tasting fish. I've used haddock, tilapia, and cod. I usually buy frozen and then thaw the fish out by running each filet under cool tap water. Then I lay them on paper towels to dry.

Heat the oven to 425*F. While the oven heats, line a large cookie sheet with foil. Cut fish filets into smaller pieces to fit tacos. I usually cut each fish filet into four pieces.

Lay fish on the foil-lined cookie sheet in a single layer. Drizzle half of the melted butter over all the fish. Then sprinkle generously with seasoning. I like to use Kosher salt, coarse-ground black pepper, and either Cajun seasoning or Old Bay.

Place fish in preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until it is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining melted butter. Squeeze half of a lime over the fish.

Serve with in warm corn tortillas and whatever fillings you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment