Friday, November 8, 2013

An Anniversary Gift Basket


Today is my daughter and son-in-law's fifth wedding anniversary! I am so happy for them, and with two little ones underfoot, a sick car (they've been taking advantage of public transportation recently), and a budget that doesn't allow for a lot of extras, I wanted to make sure they enjoyed a special celebration today. My husband and I offered a "sleepover" for the babies (ages 4 and 2), and the use of one of our cars for the night. When my son and I went to their apartment to pick up the munchkins and drop off our car, I also brought them a gift basket that I put together this afternoon.


I had so much fun shopping and putting this basket together. (The shopping was really fun!) I wanted to get so many different things, but I had to watch my budget - it would be so easy to put together a $300 basket, hehe. But I kept it frugal. 

Included in the basket were 3 "vintage look" tea towels, a bottle of their favorite wine, 2 wine glasses, a "crackling" wood-wick candle (the next best thing to a fireplace?), a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates, a vase with a rose, and a gift card for the movies. 


I lined the basket with one of the tea towels. I love these towels that I picked up at Target! They really reminded me of something my grandmother would have made back in the 70's.


I started adding the items one by one. To give height to some of the smaller items, I crumbled up some plastic baggies and placed them under the lining.


I loosely wrapped the two wine glasses with the other tea towels.  


The rose was centered between the wine glasses, and the card found its spot in the the front of the basket.


Happy Anniversary, John and Whitney!






No comments:

Post a Comment