That's why I'm so glad I can make oven fries at home - and it's so easy! My way is extremely uncomplicated - I don't soak the potatoes; heck, I don't even flip them while cooking!
Honestly, I love oven fries just as much as I do "real" fries. In fact, I prefer my homemade oven fries over any other fries because they are fresh, I leave the peel on (which I love), and they are not dripping with oil. Plus, I add a little extra seasoning, which makes them fabulous!
Seasoned Oven Fries
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, cut into thin fries (I like to use a hand-held French fry cutter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Toss potatoes with oil and seasonings in a large mixing bowl until well-coated. Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, then lay potatoes in a single layer, making sure they are not touching.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until fries are starting to turn a deep, golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
Perfect! Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside!