Thursday, June 30, 2022

My Favorite Salad

 I love this "big salad" so much. It is so healthy and has just the right balance of flavors. 


Here's how I make it:

1. Cover a 10-inch plate with a layer of "spring mix" salad greens.

2. Top with 5 grape tomatoes, halved; 4 black olives, halved; 3 broccoli florets, thinly sliced; about 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion; 1 baby carrot, shaved with a peeler; and 1/2 Gala apple, diced.

3. Sprinkle on 1/8 cup reduced-fat Feta cheese. Fresh-grind some pink Himalayan salt and peppercorn medley right onto the salad. 

4. Drizzle all over with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and add some sprinkles of red wine vinegar.

The picture above is my breakfast this morning. My favorite salad along with a hardboiled egg and a glass of water (I had 2 cups of black coffee earlier). I do not like the taste of egg in my salad, which is why it is separate!

This breakfast is so satisfying and filling. I won't be hungry for hours!

Calories (not counting egg): 220

With 1 large hardboiled egg: 290

No comments:

Post a Comment